March 10, 2013
Login to a Linux box
Then I asked from the guy who was next to me. How to log in to this box, then he told you have to use putty for this. That's my first day of using putty. But I really didn't know that I'm using SSH. I'm writing this blog post because there may be people who is like me don't know how to log in to a Linux box. And Google here and there for it.
- So first what you need to do is you have to download putty. For that you can Google 'putty' then you can download it.Here's the link. http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
- Then run it!
- You will have a window like below. Enter the IP or host name on text box.
- Then Click Open.
- For the first time they should be a long message with Yes, No Cancel Buttons. Please press "Yes"
- Then Putty will ask for user name. Type user name and press enter.
- Then Putty prompts for password. Please type password and press enter.
- Here you go !!!! Now you have successfully logged in to your linux box using putty, enjoy shell!!!